Friday, May 9, 2014

May 9, 2014: Tea anyone??

Today was Mother's Day tea at school.

Seriously cute.

I think I was the only Mom who cried. 

But for real people... when they started singing You are My Sunshine... which I sang to Katherine in utero and every night after she was born (and... she still listens to it)... I cracked. No amount of reminding myself "you have mascara on you ninny" prevented the water works. 

It took me a bit by surprise and I couldn't see through the first few tear drops so I missed the first part. 



Then came the poem.  She was the "O" in Mom.  Oh my... My "open arms"....

Tears.


And they wrapped the performance up with reading what each child had written about why their Mom is special.


The she has me part is my favorite. 

After the end of the Mom is Special paper people (reminder: this is the white paper mom that she wanted to be brown) we were taken to start to get our little gifts that the kids made.

First stop...

A heart made of pictures...
Each of the kids dressed up one day. 

Ridiculously cute!!
OMG!!! SO kissable!!! :) 
After the picture she gave me a basil plant that she grew. (Italian Mommy's heart swells!!!) The center pieces were the flowers I made with the class last Friday.  *small tear*

Katherine and I had a little picnic on the floor of the classroom as there were no more seats.  We were the only two down there and we had a great time.  We had some fruit, some banana bread and great conversation.

She did mention that the class practiced their manners twice a day for the last week or so preparing for the Tea. (i.e. Don't cut the mom's off from getting breakfast. mom's first, kids second.) She study's well. A+++++

Tonight we stopped at DD to get some donuts for the morning... No cooking for Mom tomorrow!!! Weeee  She thought this was an awesome sign and needed a picture.  When she said "Isn't it cool, mom?" I don't think it was pun intended... but then she is our child. :)


She's told me this is my weekend and she wants to make me happy.  This is the life folks. This is the life.

Go off and celebrate your reasons for the season!!  In case I slack on my blogs the next couple of days... Happy Mother's Day Mommy's, Grandmas, Godmothers and heck... all women out there.  Everyone "muthas" someone, right? :) xo


No comments: