Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10, 2014: You're gonna cry so hard!!!!

Katherine has historically been challenged by keeping a secret.  She tries hard... but bless her little heart... She struggles so hard to keep it in.

Now that said, she's done SUPER great this Mother's Day! I knew about the little basil plant she potted but her being part of the poem, the song she sang... she kept all to herself. The present we traveled with from NC to SC, she insists is for Tootsie and not me.  I told her that the card on top that says "I love you mom" might have given away that it's for me... she said she just messed it up and it should have said Tootsie.  Funny lil thing.

Today we had a super awesome day.

This morning Katherine woke up (at 6:30am), got her iPad, found a plate, grabbed a cup, poured herself some water from the fridge, opened the donuts and ate one... All without us.

On the one hand I think > You go girl!!! Almost 6 and able to do some things independently!!! Rock ON!!!

On the other hand I think > errr... Ummm... Does this cement my nomination for MOTY for making my child fend for herself??

Then I think... Why the heck can't she get up without a fight at 6:30am for school? WTC?

But I moved past that when she let me sleep.  Yeah.  I'm shallow like that.

After we hung out a bit at home we headed out for lunch and then to the beach.

I got my cheesesteak, on the all important Amoroso roll, WOOT.  Super delicious lunch.

The beach was very nice! Not too crowded.  A little breezy.  The ocean was cold but that didn't stop the beach babe from jumping in! Literally.

Jumping in! 

This is the look of cranky girl.
Mad that I told her she couldn't be in the water as deep as she was. 

Pouting KK

And we're better... 



"digging a pool"
She wanted to dig a hole, get water into it, and then cannonball.

So the cannon-ball adventure - She would jump into this little hole and land on her butt after the water seeped into the sand. Screaming CANNONBALLLLLL!!!

Onto the hard sand.

*sigh*

Bless her heart.

I got to read in my chair while she played in the water.  Stephen took her on a little walk to give me a little peace.

Tonight we had some pizza for dinner.  What could be better than cheesesteaks & pizza on the same day? #foodnirvana

I read Katherine a new book tonight called "The Night Before Mother's Day". What a cute book!!

Katherine got a HUGE grin on her face after we finished and she said, "Mom, you're going to have SUCH a great day tomorrow!! You can sleep in as late as you want! It's YOUR day! Except... you need to wake up if Daddy and I come in to see you.  You're gonna cry so hard when you see what we have for you!!"

Sweet girl... I can't wait to "cry so hard". Stephen and Katherine have been so wonderful this weekend that I already feel like I've had an amazing Mother's Day.

Butttt I do wonder what's on the food nirvana list for tomorrow?! :P

#livingthedream



No comments: