Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11, 2014: "Holidays are meant to end!"

Okay - so I didn't cry but I did squeal.

I woke up to a latte on my nightstand. Delish. My love know me! This was just the first demonstration of the day. :)

When I wandered out to the family room the two packages that I'd be told were for Tootsie were there  for me.  Surprise!!!! They weren't for Tootsie!

The first was a package of 3 fancy scarves from our friend's business: http://www.afleure.com/index.php/home Beautiful!!! They were perfect! I can't wait to wear them to church!

The 2nd was a crafty gadget I didn't know I needed!! Okay. Need may be an exaggeration. But it's oooohhhh sooooo ah-mazing!!! It's called a Cameo. It performs all sorts of magical things. I believe I will be getting creative with some vinyl in the near future. Katherine's birthday party might have just gotten an upgrade.  AND the cruise we're going on in September... I'm no longer feeling intimidated.

Okay so I might be getting ahead of my abilities but man oh man... A gadget and a crafty thing? In ONE?! My husband knows the way to my heart.

I spent another fantastic day with my loves. I didn't cry so hard... but I did get a little tear when I read Katherine's homemade card, complete with poem and bubble lettering.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Katherine loves you Mom
You love me.
We hit another one of our favorite restaurants in Murrells Inlet for lunch.  Katherine wanted to sit outside on the deck so that she could swing on the big bench swing that they have. Just before lunch came Katherine came back to sit with us and noted that the sky was becoming dark.

30% chance of rain became 100% chance.  At first we sat through it.  It's an adventure, right?

When we were the last remaining people on the deck and Stephen started calling for "grab anything important and let's go!!!" I (of course) grabbed my super delicious sandwich and hushpuppies (that come with honey butter) and started to move.  Oh... and I grabbed my sunglasses and phone.

Before the rain be-gain.
I love this guy!!!

Fancy picture with the girl...
Still outside!!
Fancy was too much.
Goofy is sooooo much easier! 
Katherine taking cover inside when the thunder began.
Yes.  This is her in "duck and cover" mode.
On her chair. 

After lunch Stephen went and got the car to prevent us from melting. We are "suga" you know! :)

We took the opportunity to run to the car.  Katherine managed to find every puddle and jumped into it splashing me and giving me a good bath.  She giggled all the way! So did I!

After lunch we started the journey home.  Well... after we drove around looking at all of the motorcycles.  It is bike week after all.

Heck. It's bike week from May 1 - September 30th I think. Whatever brings the tourist money... It's all good!

On the way home we stopped at "that restaurant that has a cool store up front that sells Christmas stuff".  AKA: Cracker Barrel.

Having some phone camera fun before dinner. 


look left!!

look right!!


smooch!!

taking smooching to another level!! 

photo bomber KK

Goldilocks tried out all of the rockers.
This one is tooooo big. 

This one is toooo small!!!


This one is ugly. 

aaahhhhh this one is juuuuust right!!!
 Tonight as I put Katherine to bed I asked if we could have Mother's Day every day.

She told me no.

"It's a lot of work and holidays are meant to end."

I'll remember that when it's her birthday!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: