Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 3, 2014: CALL OFF THE JAM!!!!!!

The day finally arrived.

It's been three years in the making. 

First, a lack of insurance caused an issue.

Then some shattering bones during practice delayed the start. 

Then some @ss running into Roxi while she was on her motorcycle and then driving off.

All those things didn't deter Roxi Razorbomb from doin' Derby!!! 

On May 3, 2014 Roxi Razorbomb made her Roller Derby Fresh Meat debut!!

We were there. With signs.  Screaming from the sidelines.

Giggling a bit when every time she got up she gave her top a little hoist. (Apparently they fell when she fell.)

SCREAMING when the coach was trying to get the Fresh Meat Jammers to call off the jam. 

Being so proud when our Roxi won Defense MVP for her very first bout.


#27 is Roxi Razorbomb!!




Using what her Daddy gave her to keep Venus' jammer from advancing

Fresh Meat Score Keeper!

"I don't understand the sign. But it's funny. I don't know why. But it seems funny!!"


One minute left in the bout and Roxi lands in the penalty box.
*WOOT*

You'll get 'em next time Purple Poppies!!

This was a double header. After the Fresh Meat bout there was bout with the "big girls".  (Katherine referred to the Fresh Meat ladies as the "little girls".)  As we watched Rogue do their thing Katherine commented... "They don't fall down as much as (Roxi's) team!!!"

Rogue ladies are serious business.  They are tough.  They are fast.  They are AWESOME!!!  I'd say I want to be like them when I grow up but, let's be practical... This girl isn't cutout for Roller Derby.  They had a raffle and I swore the gift certificate said "spa".  I didn't put my ticket into it because I figured - meh, it's in Fayetteville, what are the chances I'll drive out there on the off chance I win?  Thank goodness... It was for a tattoo place.  $200 for a tattoo place.  It was a hot commodity at the raffle table.  I was thinking massage.  They're thinking INK.  This girl is cut out for facials, massages, manis & pedis.  Being pushed onto a concrete floor... AND getting back up?! Me?  Funny right? Yeah.  I snorted laughing myself at the thought.

As a note, I did win the Mom raffle basket filled with all sorts of things to be pampered with.  Now that's what I'm talking about.  :) bubble bath, sparkly body mist, some books, a candle... and best of all: A Mother's Day card from the Rogue team!! #fanstruck

The Rogue ladies kicked some arse... a 200+ point win... Great way to kick off the season!!

GO ROGUE or GO HOME!!



#weloveRoxi




1 comment:

Vere Liberi said...

Rogue! Rogue! Rogue! Love those girlz!!!!!!! Great read! Thanks for posting this. :) -Knuckles