Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2, 2014: The internet is in a drought

K: Mom, the internet didn't work in my classroom today.
Me: Oh, really? What was going on?
K: I don't know. We're thinking it's an internet drought.

Mkay then.

Today I spent 40 minutes with Katherine's kindergarten class doing an art project. We used shaving cream to paint flower pictures.  It was fun!! and not as messy as I thought it would be.  One highlight was apparently the little boy that "absolutely HATES" me wasn't there. Good for him. He thinks I'm horribly mean... Why you ask? Because at a birthday party he was pushing kids off a bench. So they started pushing him back. I told them all (including my own child) to keep all hands, feet and other body parts to themselves. I'm now that mom.  Oh yeah!!! #meanmother

While I was there Katherine's teacher told me about the project Katherine's been working on for mother's day.  They're making paper moms and wrote a little something about Mom.  Well... her teacher asked her to pick out the color paper for her mom.

She picked brown.

The teacher said, "Katherine is that the color you meant for your Mom? What color skin does your mom have?"

She picked dark brown. 

**Hold on here... does she think I'm Poppy?!!!!**

The teacher asked her again... Are you sure you have the right color for your Mom? Is her skin kind of like mine?

Katherine said, "Fiiiiiiine, I'll do white."

Sorry to disappoint ya kiddo.

I see a Mahogany card in my future.

After school she was playing outside with Stephen and they found a caterpillar. Stephen says she RAN to the garage to get her bug cage so she could put it in there.  She claims she's going to let it go tomorrow. I think she thinks it's going to be a butterfly by then. I didn't have the heart to tell her this isn't the Hungry Little Caterpillar.

Tonight was the Spring Festival at school too. I know.  Busy day, right?  Katherine got to go to the book fair and pick out her two books. We have $2 to put in the Disney bucket.  She thinks we're half way to Disney at this point.  We have like $10 in there. That's totally enough, right?!

Stephen found a book he needed to get too.

No joke. He bought this book.
scratch that. I bought this book for him. 


She had a BLAST on the swings with Stephen pushing her.  This would not fly in my world.  Wayyyyyy too much air going on here. But then you see that face and how can ya not?







higher higher!!!!!

Just swinging here... Yep. that's the 2nd story school window.
No biggie.




Tomorrow is the big debut of Roxi Razorbomb!!! My sister's first Roller Derby bout! We've made signs.  We've got tickets and we're ready to watch Roxi kick some @ss!!!! So excited!!!




No comments: