Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014: Tears. OOOOHHHHH the Tears!!!

Is it Friday yet?

It's not is it.

Crap.

One.more.day.

Today started with tears and ended the same way.  Katherine has a Time Tracker for the morning. Why? Because the girl simply CANNOT be trusted to get up, get dressed, make her bed and get downstairs to eat breakfast in a reasonable amount of time.

So rather than fight I bought and implemented one of these.  It is green when she has time.  Yellow when she's approaching the end of time and red when she needs to really get a move on.


Today it's blinking red when I go down to check on her after getting out of my shower.  What is she doing? Dancing, with no clothes on, in the bathroom while talking to herself. 

I tell her she has until it stops blinking to be dressed.  There's not a shot in the dark she's gonna make it.  She starts to have a fit.  The tears begin.  Next thing ya know she loses a toy. 

She gets downstairs finally and eats some breakfast and is happy-go-lucky.  Like a faucet turned off the tears. 

Tonight, tears because she had a fit about taking something to a friend. There were tears. Then there were tears on top of tears because she had a booboo that was going to get water on it. In the shower. 

Sweet.Mary.Mother. 

And then she went to bed without a story because she had such a fit.  Which led to the listening at her bedroom door to her rantings and (our) giggling.  

"I demand you bring me back my toys right now!!... maybe they didn't hear me. I'll say it louder. I demand you bring me back my toys!! No one is listening. No one can hear me...." 

Oh we heard you babe. We're just not feeding into you.  

And then we wonder if our parents did the same thing when we were younger? We're going with no. We don't think they found us nearly as amusing as we find her.  

On a positive note, tonight we put together our Disney Cruise bucket.  Our friends implemented this great idea in their house.  The idea is if K is out and wants something we can give her the choice of getting the "thing" or putting that money in the Disney Cruise bucket. OR If we say no, BUT I will put that money towards the Disney Cruise.  

So far we have her $5 that she got for Easter from Grandma + all of the change from our change cup in the bucket.  Let's see how much we can collect.  She's already talking about taking the rest of her budget money (which now she says she's not going to spend all of it) from the book fair and put the rest here.  Yay!!!  


BTW - Apparently the pet rock was not a hit.  She claims her friends laughed at her. I tried to tell her they probably thought it was just silly - they weren't laughing at her.  She told me "no mom, it's the exact opposite of what you just said.  Whatever that is - it's the opposite! Trust me." Alrighty then.

Tomorrow IS Friday. Gawd Bless America.

No comments: