Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A week.... Already?

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. It seems like the weeks flown by and yet at the same time seems like so much has happened!!

Where to start? Can I even remember?? Last Thursday Stephen and I went to the gym for the first time and took Nugget with us. We paid our $10 for the month to use the babysitting service at the gym. We hadn't been to the gym since before I had Katherine so we figured it was time to get our behinds going again!!! (Not to mention we need to wear a bathing suit next month and neither one of us are looking forward to that!!!) We had a nice 30 minute work out. We didn't want to "rush into" it and hurt ourselves. :P

Friday we both worked and then our friends Lee and Sam came over to watch Katherine while Stephen and I went out for date night. We had massages (yay) and a nice dinner. We were home in time to say goodnight to Katherine. :) I'm not sure how good she was for Sam and Lee. Lee said she was a sweetie and Sam said something I think like she didn't cry the whole time. (I heard from Lee and Stephen heard from Sam.) hehe

Saturday was moving day for Lolly. Even Nugget helped! She strapped onto my chest and we did some movin'. By the end of the day we were sweaty, gross and in desperate need of a shower. Nugget included. She was particularly funky because she had her own sweat, my sweat and spit up. A fine smell in the summer heat. Yuck. Lolly is moved into her new place although she does have a lot of unpacking to do!!!

Sunday... After Saturday's exercise we decided Sunday would truly be a day of rest!! We had to go out to get Stephen a heating pad but after that we hung out in the family room and goofed off for the day. Stephen and Nugget napped and I (tried) to write some TY cards. (For those that get them and my writing is horrible... That was Katherine "helping" me... she kicked my arm, belly and chest the whole time I was trying to write. She was really enjoying herself!) Sunday night I cooked dinner and made it a little fancy. :) I made some steak, rice and green beans and served it up in the dining room on our wedding china. I know!!! Fancy!!! I was quite impressed with both my culinary skill and presentation. It was out of a magazine pretty!!! Honestly. :P

This week at work has so far been quite busy. Yesterday I worked nearly all day, today I worked all day and tomorrow's looking like all day too. This week the PT idea isn't quite working out. Today I had to go into the office for some meetings and Stephen was home with Nugget all day. When I got a message at around noon that said "I don't know how you do this all day" I knew he was having a rough morning. Poor Daddy. Katherine wasn't in her happy place today and let him know it. By crying. A lot. Fortunately she took a nice long nap (11am - 3pm) so that gave him a little bit of a break. I got home at around 6 and tried to relieve him. He's now, again, being super Daddy and reading, feeding and putting Katherine to bed. What a guy!!! He's all mine girls!!! (And this time I'm not being sarcastic!!! :P)

So what are some new Katherine things? Hm. She's still fascinated with her feet. Amazing new body parts she's finding. This week she's started to clasp her hands together and squeeze them. Occasionally she'll squeeze a little too hard and surprise herself. And then she looks at you like you did it. She's not quite understanding she's causing her own discomfort or surprise. :P She's now starting to like to be put in the air. (We think Sofi helped her "start" to like it! :P) No jostling though. Just a little airplane-ish lift. No more than 6-8 inches above your head. You get big smiles. But I don't recommend you do it more than once for more than 5 seconds or so. Stephen learned that the hard way. Poor man. Katherine "blessed" him, the boppy, his shorts, his t-shirt, the floor, her clothes.... A mess. He's now gun-shy about putting her up. I just have a burp cloth handy. The first time she spits up on my face though... that'll be over. No more plane!!! :P

She's still no fan of tummy time. I keep thinking it's like laying on her back. Maybe the more she does it the more she'll like it. Yeah, not so much so. We're good for 5-6 minutes max if she's straight on her belly. If she's on her belly on the boppy we might get 10-12 minutes but she's kinda lazy with using her arms then. The girl's not motivated to push up. I keep telling myself there aren't kindergartners who can't lift their head up or crawl. She'll get there. (Right!?)


Nugget Pictures!!! http://picasaweb.google.com/daleksza/WkOfSeptember12008#

And check out my baking skills http://picasaweb.google.com/daleksza/LaborDayTreats#

2 comments:

Jacki said...

so I see that Katherine likes to wear her "My Heart Belongs to Mommy" onesie... but what happened to the one where she tells the world how cute she and I are?? (not that they don't already know)

Darlene said...

The onesie size is 6month... She just started wearing 0-3 clothes. :) A few more months till she can wear it.