Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014: Finding Rocks

Katherine has a "thing" for rocks.  She thinks it's fun to "planet them" in the grass.  Needless to say, Stephen does not enjoy finding said rocks when he's mowing the lawn.  The $@#!$#@#! coming from the yard is usually an indicator that he's found one of Katherine's "plants".

She also enjoys planting them in the flower beds. I'm not sure what she thinks is going to grow from the rocks, but she does.  I don't enjoy finding said rocks when I'm planting flowers but fortunately those rocks are smaller because she has to try to dig a hole to plant them and she doesn't have the patience to dig very long.  #scoreforme

I believe she gets this from her Uncle Jason who collected SOOOOOOOOO many rocks in his youth. He even "polished" them and set up a stand in front of our house (reminder: speed limit on our road was 55mph) and tried to sell them.  Poor child... he never had a buyer but it didn't stop him from setting up his little stand. Bless his lil heart. :P I think K could be headed down that path.

Tonight when I picked her up she couldn't wait to get home because she had homework that involved finding a rock. She's making a pet rock.  #ohdear  She and Stephen hunted around the yard for the perfect pet rock.

Pet Rock on our kitchen counter.
It made me giggle... almost the same color!! 
I've placed Stephen in charge of all "Science" projects.  Annnnd, I'm considering this a science project. You're up babe!!! (The blog is my way of ensuring that you know that - so consider yourself notified! xoxo love ya. mean it! Good luck!)

Here's her rock on something that might enable you to actually, I don't know... See it. :)

I promise to provide photos of the finished Pet Rock Product

The book fair is this week at school too.  So far she's read about 15 books (by herself) and taken the comprehension tests on each of them.  On all but 1 she scored 100!  So I'm a big fan of the books... I'm a sucker for books - but they have to be reasonable.  I'm not a sucker for the $20 book. Okay - well it was just one time and the author signed them all... so they were "special" $20 books!!! Don't judge.

At the last book fair she picked out $35 in books. No dice kiddo. Tonight I told her she could have a $10 budget to buy whatever she wanted at the book fair. She has no concept (yet) about how much books cost... She's offered to chip in money from her piggy bank to compensate if necessary.

After I gave her this budget I started to worry that maybe I'd given her an unreasonable budget so I had to check the book fair flyer. We're good. *whew* She can probably score two books at the book fair - if she spends wisely. She thinks she's going to find 100 books for .20ea. Good luck Princess. Let me know how that works out for ya!

Two more days left in April and Stephen's birthday month... he might need one more cake before it's over... Hmmmmm....

No comments: