Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014: A jolly good new car game!

I had this great idea, at least I thought it was, for a new car game.  I don't know where it came from... but I thought it was genius.  Pure GENIUS!! In the car as we're driving you must speak with an accent.  Today I chose British.

My passengers (Stephen and Katherine) were not as eager to jump into my little game as I was.  You must speak with your accent until you get to your destination.

I learned a few things during this little game:

  1. I'm more Eliza Doolittle and less Queen Elizabeth. Cockney accent anyone?  
  2. Stephen only knows "bad words". (Examples: Wanka, Bloody Hell... the list went On. and On. and On. We did have to tell Katherine after her third "wanka" that it was a "grown up word" and she couldn't use it. Oh Bloody Hell... Tomorrow I'll end up with a call from school!) 
  3. As time went on my accent got better. Still totally Cockney but MAN I sounded GOOOOOOOD. (My passengers did not agree... I think they have a hearing problem.) 
  4. Stephen nearly jumped out of the moving car to avoid my accent. I now know how to clear a room. :) :) :) 
  5. Katherine chose precisely the time we stopped accents to start her own. (Girl always has to have the last word. People, that used to be MY job!!)
I'm looking forward to the next accent... I don't think it'll be PC but it will be fun. *snicker*

Photo of the Day
I agree Eliza.  I agree. 


No comments: