Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our Nugget is growing up!

Ooops... A bonus blog... One I wrote in June and never posted. :) Happy New Year!

When I was pregnant with Katherine everyone told me the time would go by quickly. I would nod and smile all the while thinking... "Please let us get to the sleep through the night part fast!"

Thankfully we did.  Two months on the dot. 

Then I wanted to slow things down. Every once in a while I do a once over on K not looking for bruises, bug bites or a little too much sun... No, I'm looking for the pause button. I asked her last week to stop growing up. She told me to stop feeding her and threw in if I let her stay up all night that she'd stop growing.  I'm onto her ways so I didn't fall for it.

Over the last two weeks Katherine had her 2nd ballet / tap recital and graduated from pre-school. The latter being a pretty stressful event (for me). Seeing K in her little cap and gown and talking and preparing for her to start Kindergarten in about 6 weeks.. WHOA. Seriously (turning K upside down) WHERE IS THAT BUTTON?!  

She's turning into quite the little comedian. And she's starting to catch on to sarcasm. I'm sure you're stunned by the latter.  I'm not sure if she knows all of the time how funny she is but I'm pretty certain she does a good 50% of the time. 




No comments: