Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pefi doesn't want a friend.

Our Mardi Gras Queen
The adventures of having a pet fish. We are on Pefi #3. The first two met an untimely demise. We believe Pefi Uno might have had some problems before we bought him. Pefi Dos got his head stuck in a little bridge we'd gotten for inside the tank. Pefi Tres on the other hand... doing well. He was not doing so hot until I changed up the tank a bit but now he's doing swimmingly. So well in fact that now I have no need for Pefi Quatro, which I purchased in anticipation of Pefi Tres going the way of Uno and Dos.

After 5 days of Tres doing well we decided that maybe we'd give him a playmate.  I know what you're thinking. NOOOOOOO don't put two bettas together in one tank. Yeah... Well... Where were you yesterday?  Seriously.bad.scene. I thought that Pefi got excited at seeing the other fish because he wanted to play with him.  Well, play with him if that can be defined as biting Cuatro's fins and chasing him like a mad-fish. I'm telling you I've never seen anything like it. Pefi's cheeks puffed out and he went bat-fish crazy. Straight up fishy-mental. Did I mention Katherine was watching this whole scene?  Mmmmhhhmmm.  #I'lltakemyparentoftheyearawardnow.

Pefi is now solo in his tank again and I've learned that there's quite possibly nothing worse than putting two male bettas together in one tank. Note to self: there's a reason they sell the fish in little cups and not in big tanks like all other fish. *sigh*

In other news... Last weekend we went to Myrtle Beach.  We had a great time. We met with a few sitters that hopefully will make our working from MB a little easier. The first one was a keeper. Katherine thought she was great too. She's a grand mom of I believe 10 grandchildren and immediately got Katherine on her side with a little toy monkey that banged tambourines. So much so that when the 2nd sitter got there she asked her whether she brought her a cute little monkey like the last lady did. ha!! Fortunately the second woman didn't understand what she was asking. Towards the end of meeting #2 Katherine turned to me and said, "mom, are there any more people coming?" Dismissed by the 3.5 year old.

We had two Mardi Gras parties complete with beads, king cake & mardi gras music.  We even had a little dancing choreographed by Just Dance 2. (holy work out!!!) My wonderful, loving daughter chose my dancing time to point and laugh. Just not right.

Some pictures from Valentine's Day & Mardi Gras parties 1 and 2. =)


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own digital slideshow



No comments: