Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just Us Girls

"do you see your shadow
lil groundhoggie?"
For the last three weeks Stephen has been traveling and/or had meetings at work that have kept him pretty busy. My time was back in September/October/November... his is now.

So that's left Katherine and I having quite a few "ladies nights" and when Stephen is home, having some fun family time.

Each weekend for the last two weeks we've had a birthday party to go to.  Katherine's friends have all started to turn 4. She says "yippee" for the parties... I say "yippee these parents are scoping out the choices for me!" Both parties that we've been to have been lots of fun. One was at an indoor play center that had a bunch of outdoor play sets. The second was at Little Gym.  Katherine had a blast at both.  She's one of the youngest of the group so I have no doubt we'll have more options coming up. ;)

Playing at Little Gym
We started a chore chart for Katherine in January. Each week we pick a "big" prize for her to be able to get if she gets 30 circles on her chore chart. (This was revised over a couple of weeks to try to figure out what the best "earn" was to get the prize.) We've had a Dance Party, Strawberry Shortcake Movie Night party, mani/pedi night and this week... We're working towards a pet fish. I'm not sure how we quite got there... Okay, I'm totally sure, but I'm going with ignoring how it happened because it was all my fault. I will say however that I decided to make said pet fish something she needed to work for rather than just getting it. So far (it's Thursday) and she's earned 30 circles (we're about a day early on where we usually are on our 30 day circle mark). She seriously wants that fish. I'm going to have to think of something really good for next weeks reward.

Part of the reward system is reminding her what she's working for...
My attempt at drawing a fish.
My sister Nicole moved to Raleigh over the last couple of weeks. I'm so excited that she's now under 30 minutes away versus the 90 minutes she was before. We've been to her new apartment twice now and each time have laughed until we cried. And we managed to unpack these boxes... and then some!!


Last night Katherine and I had a little Groundhog Day fun. I decided to do it the night before so I could explain Groundhog Day before the actual day occurred. Plus then she'd be able to have her "groundhog" to see if she could see a shadow. :) She made a puppet pop-up groundhog and then we had dessert dirt with a groundhog in it. She thought "sprinkling dirt" onto of the "dirt" was fun.  (cookie crumbles on top of chocolate pudding) She took her Groundhog puppet pop-up to school with her this morning to show her teachers but then asked me to bring it home so it "would be safe". I'm not entirely sure what she thought would happen to it at school.

This weekend Stephen will be home and there aren't really any plans. I'm looking forward to some down time... Well down time after the one thing that IS planned... the Krispy Kreme Challenge. =) I don't plan to consume the full dozen but I will be partaking of at least one... or two... or... I'll totally stop before I eat the whole dozen. For sure. I think. Probably. :) For my friends racing... Good luck! And don't puke in my path. Thanks.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free photo slideshow

No comments: