Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When did it change?


The last few days I find myself wondering when my daughter’s cry went from wah wah wah to ROARRRRRR. Yeah, yeah yeah, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but it’s really only a little bit. We used to talk about when the cry would change. It would go from the cute cry of an infant to the all out wail of a toddler.

We’re there.

It’s here.

It’s loud.

I want the infant cry back.

Lately our darling Nugget has taken to, again we’ll call it roaring, in the backseat of the car all the way home. Alllllll the way home. It used to seem like a quick trip home. Now I implore traffic lights to remain green so we can get home faster and I can stop the madness that is occurring in the backseat. The only way I’ve found to get her to stop is to feed her. And then by the time we get home, she’s not interested in dinner. (Mommy Note: Gerber Cheese Puffy things = Pretty dern delicious!)

But even with the roar that is our little Nugget she is quite fun. Her new favorite word is apple. Why apple? No idea. I’m not even sure she knows what an apple is, however, it is her favorite word. Apple. Apple. Apple. Apple. Over and over and over again. We’ve started to also branch out to Hippo. Sounds very similar to apple but her lips look different so I’m going with it’s a different word. Meem (mommy) and DAAAAA (Daddy) are our other words.

Katherine appears to be catching on to sign language. "The finger" is not the only sign our wee one can give now. (I'll add that her teacher had a conversation with me about it the other day - I had to share that she's been doing that since she started pointing and NO, we don't do that at home!) Anyway, Katherine will now sign more & eat. We think she may also be understanding "all done" but that's iffy.

I think she’s also getting some connection between things. For example, she knows when she puts her shoes on she’s going to go bye bye. Whether that’s just outside, in the car, for a walk, etc… Doesn’t matter. She knows she’s leaving the house. She’ll bring you her shoes if she feels a need to leave too. Not only that but she’ll start waving bye bye. I’m thinking this is a result of being in the house for a week while Stephen was recuperating. She’s also started bringing us her changing pad & Desitin if she wants/needs her diaper changed. She’ll haul it across the first floor if she has to. Funny little girl.

Speaking of Stephen… He is recuperating well. Last week this time it was a bit rough. I can admit it now, but I was terrified. It’s amazing what a side effect of a medication can do to you! And after 10 years!! Fortunately that medication is by the wayside. We’ll have to figure out a new medication; but for now we’re just glad he’s feeling better every day. He’s even been to work every day this week!

Katherine completed her second 5k run last weekend! This time we actually RAN the whole thing and Katherine stayed awake for the first 2.5 miles. She was snoring at the end but it didn’t make the finish any less rewarding! The course was through a very hilly neighborhood in Raleigh. Pushing Katherine up those hills was quite a challenge but it made the downhill fast! She pulled me along!! I’m looking forward to our next run. We shaved 18 minutes off our first 5k… maybe we can shave another 5-10 off of the next one?!

This week’s pictures are a mix of various things. Some are a “dress rehearsal” of her Halloween costume. Yes, it makes me laugh. And if you recall my mother gave me a mullet haircut; permed my hair to the point of burning it and my grandmother cut my eyebrows off. That was far more scaring than my costumes. :P

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Groooovy
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: