Monday, September 7, 2009

My Baby & her Bear


It’s been a rather quiet week in the Aleksza house. Quiet, but not uneventful. Really, they are two different things.

Last Saturday we were fortunate enough to experience box seats at the Durham Bulls game. We were invited to go as I’ve volunteered (and Stephen by proxy) to be a team Captain for our company’s annual fundraiser for JDRF. Awesome cause!! (Note: Most of my loyal readers should have received an email from me regarding a donation OR your ability to join my team… For donations, any amount would help.)

Katherine seems to be a fan of baseball from an air-conditioned box that permits her to run free and play with other kids – all of whom seemed to enjoy playing with her. She even managed to snarf some of our friend’s little girl’s goldfish. Their little girl understands sharing… ours understands HER version of sharing. (I’ll give it to you; you give it back to me.) We have no idea who won the game. We left at the 7th inning. Which, mind you, was the longest we’ve ever stayed at one of the games. I mean, those things last FOREVER. I thought football was bad. Apparently the game went on to 1am, or something crazy like that. Nugget is not equipped for that kind of night out. Heck, neither is Mommy or daddy.

Monday & Tuesday I wasn’t feeling well… we then seemed to rotate illness through the house. Although it morphed into a variety of things. Katherine had a diaper rash (caused by some rather nasty stuff) that woke her up in the middle of the night screaming in pain. It broke my heart. Poor little girl. We spent much time that night in the rocking chair cuddling. Fortunately she still believes Mommy can fix just about anything. I’m grateful for powder with cornstarch, desitin & lotrimin. Mommy’s magic potions. =)

By Thursday it was Daddy’s turn. Only his version of the illness is far different than ours. Poor Stephen has been stuck in the house for days with what we think might be a side effect of a medication he’s been on for years… A trip to the primary tomorrow we’re hoping will shed some light. The trip to Urgent Care today wasn’t all that insightful, but from Stephen’s perspective was worth it since it came with Vicodin.

We’re hoping this week holds less illness for the Aleksza house. That is, once we fix Stephen. And I don’t mean fix as in… oh, nevermind. You know what I mean.
Yesterday I took Katherine to the mall for a little escape from the walls of the house. While we were in the dressing room (I was trying on a dress) I asked her what she thought. She shook her head no. Next dress, still No. Last dress, No. Does my daughter have fashion sense that she’s trying to impart or is No just her new favorite word? I’m going with the latter since we were in Macy’s in the Juniors section. It couldn’t be THAT bad, could it?? She did play a pretty awesome game of peak-a-boo with the clerk which won me a 15% off coupon. That’s my girl!!! =P

Tonight Katherine was playing with the giant panda bear that Aunt Patty bought for her when she was born. I look at the pictures of her playing with the bear compared to those right after she was born and Oh-my-goodness. She still seems rather small to me, but she’s grown up sooooo much. I was thinking earlier today about how grateful I am that all of her “firsts” (so far) have occurred with us. Not in daycare. It was one of those things I was worried about being a working mom. Fortunately, we haven’t missed those things. And every night we get our quality family time on the floor in either the playroom or family room to hang out. Katherine loves to play ball with Daddy & play with the house stuff with Mommy. Then my favorite time comes… story time & song time before bed. She’s so cuddly & sweet!!

Yeah. I’m a lucky Mommy. =)

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Fun w the bear
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: