Tuesday, June 30, 2009

She looks like my child... but...


Lately we’ve been wondering where our happy go lucky little girl has gone. We think one day when we dropped her off at daycare the gypsies came and stole our little girl and replaced her with one that looks the same, but not so much so.

The little girl they left in her place refuses to eat (in fact throws her food at me or deliberately tosses it off the side of the highchair) and doesn’t want to drink anything.

She also hits. But only Mommy. In the face. We don’t quite understand any of this. But I think it might have something to do with us taking her bottle away. After the pediatrician appointment we decided, per Dr H’s recommendation, to toss the bottle and go all sippy cup. I thought it would go much easier than it has. I mean, we didn’t even know when she was getting her first tooth! How hard could transition to a sippy cup be? Clearly, harder than we anticipated.

I’ll be honest, if I hadn’t packed up the bottles I would probably have digressed by now and given them back to her. Almost two weeks in – Now I’m considering it a challenge. And little girl, I’ll win!! I assure you. (She does give me moments of doubt but I get over them.)

I also didn’t realize that there could be a “preference” of sippy cups. Apparently the first 3 varieties I purchased were not to her liking. No no no. Our little girl prefers Playtex insulated cups. Non insulated cups are just… well… inferior!
Stephen’s first Father’s Day (last year really wasn’t really a let’s celebrate Daddy day because I was incapacitated and Katherine was about 5 days old) was nice. At least he said so. We went to Michael Dean’s for brunch. He thoroughly enjoyed the seafood bar. Katherine really enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries. A girl after my own heart. (Amazingly, yes, I did share!)

On the 6th of July Katherine will move up to the next classroom at daycare. She’ll officially join the world of Toddler-ville. AAAHHHH Already? Really? I mean, does she HAVE to? Apparently yes. I might be all for it if the daycare rate went down dramatically but for $10 a week surely we can keep her in the waddler room a little longer, right? Um. No. Busted. Moving to toddler-ville also means that Katherine will no longer get the opportunity to nap twice a day. This could present a problem. We’ll see. We’ve tried the single nap thing at home on the weekends and it’s been ugly.

Katherine has officially joined her first waiting list. A waiting list for a new daycare! Weezie’s not only going to move on up in classrooms but in style too! They claim the wait is about 6-8 months. I’m really hoping it’s more like 2-3 months. It’s going to be what it’s going to be I suppose. Now we wait. *twiddling thumbs*

Katherine’s also had two trips to the library the last couple of weekends. We go for story time on Saturday mornings. I think she digs it. Although I think she enjoys social time more than story time. She also likes taking all of the books out of the bookcase. Makes for great fun for Mommy to put them all back.
This weekend is a big visit from Aunt Jacki & Tio! They’re coming to spend the holiday with us. We’re hoping to take Katherine to her first fireworks display. Woohoo!! We’re planning on going someplace that we can quickly evacuate from should she have a melt-down.

Latest pictures...

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Biker Chick
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: