Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bulls & Pooh (x2)!!!!

What a great week!!

Last Saturday Katherine went to her 2nd Durham Bulls game. Who won? No idea. What happened? 3 bats were cracked, there were a couple home runs (I only know this because Katherine and I danced for each one) and we found that Katherine loves funnel cake as much as I do. :) A proud moment for sure... although we both struggled a wee bit with the "sharing" part of the deal. Shockingly, I handled sharing better. You see Katherine was strapped to my lap in her Bjorn carrier (helped decrease the fidgeting and overall squirmyness) and the funnel cake was in front of both of us. When I went to put a piece into my mouth I had to go past her face and over her head to get it to my mouth... So the scene went something like this - Katherine would see me tearing off a piece and she'd start kicking the yeah yeah yeah, and I'd lift it up she'd follow with her head (mouth WIDE open) and watch me put it right in my mouth - then she'd say something akin to HEY!!! Her turn... My turn... HEY... (Repeat for 3/4 of the funnel cake... we didn't want to be pigs.) hehe

We don't know who won because we really didn't care. Okay, that and the fact that we left during the 3rd quarter or whatever it was. In any case we had to get going. It was past Katherine's bedtime and feeding her funnel cake was already jeopardizing my Mom of the Year nomination.

To be honest, I don't really know what happened on Sunday. I know we did something.. but what?? Can't recall.... Perhaps because the next 5 days were a Pooh filled blur... and I'm not referring to "winnie the" either. *sigh* On Monday I received a phone call (well 5) from daycare that I needed to go get Katherine. I was in meetings from 2-5 and didn't have any of my phones with me. Needless to say at 4:55pm when I arrived back in my office my phone was ringing and the director was saying - "Katherine has a fever of 101.7 and has had..." I'll spare you. (Thank me.. really... ) The next 3 days I worked from home with little Nugget. We had a routine going. Katherine would wake up at 7, we'd eat, play a bit, I'd start working at 8:30 and at 9 she'd go up for a nap. She'd sleep until 12:30 or so (thas my girl!!); we'd have lunch; we'd play for a bit - then she'd play for a bit and by 3-ish she was back down for another nap until generally around 5:30-ish. Fortunately Katherine's disposition through her days of "clearance" was unaffected. She was happy, laughing, playing, etc. Her fever was gone by Tuesday morning. The diaper rash however... Yikes. I did learn this week that you use Lotrimin on diaper rashes & put diaper cream on top of that. Who knew foot fungus cream could be used on baby bottoms? Not I!

Katherine was a-okay by Saturday for her (first) 1st Birthday Party! (For those counting here's where the 2nd Pooh story comes in!) Katherine's Birthday Party theme was Winnie the Pooh. My sister Nicole, who's currently in Taji, Iraq picked the birthday party themes for Katherine's parties. She "dun" good!!! The Pooh theme was a big hit! To say that it was a kids party would really be a stretch. It was really more like a grown-up Winnie the Pooh party with some kids there. :P Katherine was the center of attention though - Afterall she is "the reason for the season!!" Katherine had two friends come to her party - Avery and Anja. Avery is 11mo old and Anja is 3. I think all three girls had a good time. Katherine really loved chasing Anja around the house and (thankfully) she shared her toys pretty well. We've been working on our sharing skills (see this week's photos). For both Katherine and Avery it was their first cake eating experiences. Oh. What. A. Mess. But fun!!! Even I the neat freak, thoroughly enjoyed Katherine becoming a blue mess with her cake. SO cute!!! I just didn't want to touch her! Mr Patrick however kept telling Katherine to "hug Mommy" for which she promptly obeyed. Thanks PW. Thanks.

This week is a short week for us all. We took off work on Thursday to spend the day with Katherine and get ready for our trip to Florida. We're thinking of leaving around 3am so we can be well on our way before Katherine wakes up at 7. Then we'll have a couple of hours of entertaining in the backseat before she takes her 9am nap. Birthday Party #2 will be on Saturday in Spring Hill... That theme? Ladybugs. And I'm going to make that cake. It's all family coming to that so if the cake's terrible -- well, I'll hear about it forever, but I can tell Katherine, when she's older, "mommy made your cake for you!" :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Part 1 - Birthday Party
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Party Pictures 2
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: