Friday, April 10, 2009

Daddy went away on a business trip


At least that’s what he told us. From his stories it sounded more like a sales meeting! Bars, drinking, belly dancers… In fact, now that I’m typing – sounds more like a bachelor party!!!

In any event it was 4 days of Katherine/Mommy bonding time. What fun!!! Of course, there were instances during the 4 days that Katherine was yelling DAD DAD DAD – as if to say “COME SAVE ME!!!” And so the story begins...

On Tuesday at lunch I was mentioning to some friends that I recalled buying a Thumper costume last Spring, before baby was born. It was something crazy like $3 from the Disney website. I thought – how cute!! A costume that we can use for Easter! On Tuesday I remembered said costume and told my friends that I was going to put it on Katherine that evening. Apparently they had a different image of the Thumper costume than reality. Ahem. Oops.

Instead of just trying on the Thumper costume we turned it into a bit of dress up. What outfits fit Katherine that she could wear for Easter/Spring pictures/etc. I had two dresses and Thumper to try on. First let me say, in hindsight, I’m not sure what I was thinking, except that I thought Katherine would look cute!! We started with Thumper’s head. Katherine’s not a fan of hats, so the fact that she had this (large) Thumper head on, did NOT impress her. We moved to the body. She thought the big belly was odd and kept pressing her hand into it. I lost it when she tried to crawl. Ok. I’m wrong. But it really was funny. And hey, I refrained from putting on the hands/feet that went with the costume. SEE, I did show restraint! It was during the Thumper dress-up session that Katherine began yelling for Daddy. Poor baby. I’m chalking this up to a case of the crazy mommies. I can’t be held responsible for my actions in this instance.

Putting on the dresses went well. She looked gorgeous.

Wednesday night we went shopping. Not shopping as in the – we went to Target for a bit – kind of shopping. We bought new family room furniture. Katherine loved it. We had to buy it. Surprise Daddy!!!! (For the record, he’d agreed to the purchase before he left – whew.)

Thursday evening was dinner with Ms Merry!! We had a yummy dinner and enjoyed Ms Merry’s company!! We were home in time to see Daddy on the webcam!
Friday, Daddy’s homecoming day, I took most of the day off. We played, had lunch with a friend and then went to have “spring pictures” taken. You see, I keep thinking that I’m going to start digressing in the picture taking. I figure, at least keep things going for the first year! It’s the least I can do, since I’ve already screwed up the whole baby book thing. (No, I didn’t even get that right! I didn’t know there was a page for every month!! Crap! How did I miss that?!)

The weekend was a little less eventful. We were very excited that Stephen was home! We’d missed him so!!! Of course, we did think for a period of about 36 hours that Katherine was teething. She was CRAZY. Of course, still no tooth in sight, we’re ruling out the teething and just thinking she was having “a moment”.

Pictures for the week:
http://picasaweb.google.com/daleksza/DaddySOutOfTown#

No comments: