Monday, March 30, 2009

Watch her go!!!


We started off the week with Katherine crawling about two feet, getting tired and falling flat on her belly. We were still pretty safe to put her down and find her in relatively the same position 2-3 minutes later.


One week later... Not so much so. Katherine has found new rooms of the house, new floor textures and things on the wall. The ADT thingy in the foyer has gotten quite a bit of attention. Fortunately she's avoided outlets. Whew. Not to worry though - Stephen did finish changing out all of the exposed outlets so her little fingers can't get into them. Unfortunately, I am unable to plug anything in now because I can't figure out how to hold the little slidey thing over and plug in the cord at the same time. I'm sure Katherine will be able to show me how to do it in 6-9 months.


Katherine also found the magnets on the refrigerator. A new playground. She hasn't quite figured out the slippery part of the floor but she's getting there. She's managed to go from one end of the family room through the kitchen to the other side. Getting back to the family room... came by way of shrieks and yells mamamamamamamama. She knows a sucker when she sees one.


We also had a special delivery this week from Tootsie and Pop. A basket full of 63 plastic eggs. Seems innocent enough, right? LOL This is the first, of I'm sure many, paybacks from toys I've purchased other kids. The basket said 63 eggs, but there's really only 60. (Sorry Tootsie) I counted during one of the MANY times I've put said eggs back into their basket only to have them dumped back out moments later. This provides at least 5 minutes of entertainment at a stretch. Just when I think she's done with them though, and I put them back in the basket, a little mouth yells and she dumps them all back out again. Daddy's tried to teach her the game of "putting the eggs back in the basket... weeeeee fun!!" She doesn't like that game. Alas, she is oh so thrilled with the eggs, how can you not be excited for her?! Such a simple thing and yet so much entertainment.


Cheerios are the favorite food of the week. Cheerios at breakfast, cheerios at lunch, cheerios for a snack, cheerios for dinner. They've replaced puffs. I'm thinking there's more nutritional value in cheerios than the little puffs. I haven't done the comparison yet - but it's my hypothesis.


This week will be a first for Mommy and Katherine. Stephen is going away for four days. Can you say P-A-R-T-Y?? HA!!! I crack me up. It will be interesting. Stephen's all set with Skype and a webcam so he can see his little girl while he's gone. (You just said aawww, didn't you?! Or at least thought it!)


Pictures for the week:

No comments: