Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oatmeal with Bananas


I've been thinking all day about what I could share with my four loyal subscribers. :) What's been exciting in the world of Katherine? Then I remembered, I didn't tell you about Katherine's first bowl of cereal. No, despite what you're thinking it wasn't frosted flakes, cocoa pebbles or fruity pebbles. We think she would have preferred that to the rice cereal she tried. Plain ole rice cereal didn't seem to make the cut with Katherine. We know the faces she makes when she likes something. Take for example Baby Tylenol. She likes it. Slurps it right down. (Grape flavored) Chocolate ice cream. Yum. Opens her mouth nice and wide for that. Rice cereal... You'd think you stuck a lemon in her mouth for the puckered face you get. You be the judge. (There are some pictures at the beginning of the album where she was playing in her "saucer"... She loves it!!)




After that event, we figured, well, we'll try again next week. She wasn't a fan this week but maybe next weekend she'll be luvin the cereal. Saturday we did some Babies R Us shopping and we bought a box of Oatmeal with Bananas. Now this has got to taste better than rice cereal, right? We figured we'd try that on Sunday.


Saturday Katherine, Stephen and I headed to the mall to shop, err, I mean, vote. :) We spent some time Saturday morning going through the "misc" candidate positions and picking who we'd vote for. Some just came down to pure age. I mean do you really put a 90+ person in office? Is it a 6 month term??? Some were easy picks... Others were really an enie meanie test. I've determined my political affiliation may be incorrect. I'll ponder this for the next few years and maybe make a change. Maybe I'll just go with "unaffiliated". We hope all of our friends voted the way we did. We did a write in. Andrew Krieman, you may be the next President of the United States. :)


Sunday, I'm not sure what happened. Well, I know what happened, I'm just not sure HOW it happened. Katherine went down for her morning nap and I decided I would do a little cleaning. Somehow that turned into taking every piece of furniture out of the kitchen, book cases included, moving the refrigerator and scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. "Playing the part of Cinderella..." Again, no idea what happened. In the midst of this, dear god what have I done, event, Stephen came down to ask whether we should wake Katherine to feed her. It was noon. Sure! He decided it was high time to try the oatmeal with bananas too. Off he went with his bottle and cereal. I really didn't know the cereal went upstairs with him. I heard him talking a little while later and decided to investigate. Katherine was still swaddled and Stephen was feeding her the cereal. He thought she'd get too "handsy" if she was unswaddled. Katherine ate down the cereal.... Of course, Im not sure she had much choice given the situation she was in. On Daddy's lap, swaddled. We'll see if the next time in her high chair we get the same result. Sorry folks, no pictures of the event. I was shooed out of the bedroom because Katherine wouldn't stop turning to look at me while Stephen was feeding her. Next time... Promise!!!


Today Katherine was sent home with her first school take home. It's not her first art project, that one's coming!!!! This was something from when she started "school" that has her name and birthdate on it. Her art project is a pumpkin that she finger painted. I can't wait to get my hands on it and bring it home!! I promise to share... I'll scan it so you can all see it too. Yes, yes... I'm a few french fries short of a happy meal. But you didn't just realize that did you?


We're getting excited for Friday. Okay. I am. Katherine even had a fashion show for us on Sunday. We tried on her costumes (yes plural) to make sure they fit. I told you way back when that I was undecided. We had a 50/50 vote for the costumes. What was I to do? Ignore 50% of the vote? You understand. Aunt Pat said pumpkin and Jacki said bumble bee.... I had to do it!! Check out our fashion show:




We'll be sure to take pictures of the "real deal" on Friday. Her teachers voted for her to be a bumble bee. I was thinking of the pumpkin costume for school but the bee might be better. What do you think? Which for school and which for "trick or treat"? No, we're not really taking her trick or treating... We're giving candy out!!! K has to at least be able to SAY trick or treat before we go gather candy. Otherwise it just looks like Mommy and Daddy are desperate for chocolate. I don't need to share that with the neighborhood... I'll just go buy candy and fulfill my desperation!! :)


Some other pictures I uploaded just for all of you:

Katherine's Baptism



Our 5th Anniversary Trip to Playa



No comments: