Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weeeeeee!!!!


That's what Katherine was saying on her cool new tummy time toy!! Well... okay... maybe that was me. Katherine, me... does it really matter? I think she dug it. This very cool little device allows her to move herself in circles should she choose to do so. She did not choose to do so today. I did - but she wasn't feelin' it. (Flashback: remember those things that you could sit on and hold the wheel in the center and spin yourself silly? I remember going sooooo fast on the thing that I'd flip myself backwards. weeeeeeeee they were fun!!!!... Wonder if Katherine will ever get to that point on this handy dandy thing???) Anyway, this was one of our amazing purchases from yesterday. The mirror is something I added to help her see "other babies". She doesn't like other babies. (OMG -- you don't think she's already like Stephen and I -- anti-social??? 3 months old... can't be!!!)
As I was looking at these pictures tonight I realized I'm one of "those" parents... I'm trying to bribe my daughter to like tummy time. Kind of like AC bribing me to eat my peas in my youth. (I'm still bitter about the jello pudding pop--- No AC I haven't forgotten 20+ years later....) If I'm already willing to buy what ever gadget or gizmo I can find to get her to do something she doesn't want to do (hold her head up on her own and lay on her tummy) what will it be next?? Things to think about...
Below is a link to some other pictures I took today. We had 3 changes of clothes today so we had opportunity for some mild nudy pictures. She's just so cute you want to gobble her up. A couple pictures of our "finds" from the consignmenet sale are included.
Speaking of gobble... okay, well not really gobble... Goblins is more like it - Stephen and are are "discussing" the need for a Halloween costume for Katherine. Wait!!! Hear me out. I KNOW I have like 5. But they aren't all for this year. (Remember I was buying in advance because they were on clearance and the Thumper costume is an Easter thing NOT halloween... I stand by that.) This year's costume is a bumble bee. I'm okay with the bee for school or a few pictures but I think I'd like her to be either a pea (hehehe ... wouldn't she be cute as a little pea pod??) or a pumpkin. I call her "punk" for my little pumpkin. So use the comment link to tell me what you think. Do I get another costume for her?? Oh... and Stephen doesn't know this yet (guess he'll find out when he reads this hehe) I want to go pumpkin picking. Yay!!!!! I just need to find a place that we can go do it. Maybe a hayride!! Wouldn't that be sooo much fun?? There's so many things we can do now that we have a little Nugget of our own. Oh my goodness... Santa!!! Can't wait to take her for her first picture. She's definately going to help us pick our turkey. :P

1 comment:

Jacki said...

of course she'll look adorable in the bumble bee costume, but then again she'd be cute in all 10 costumes u decide to pick ;) oh my little niece... how she reminds me of myself...then and now =)