Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seemed like a Monday

I know today was Tuesday, but it felt like Monday. After a long weekend going back to work, even part time, isn't fun. :P Katherine slept until about 7:15 this morning, which was lovely!! When she did wake up she was quite the hungry little girl. She ate her bottle in less than 15 minutes. And shockingly there was no spit up after! She actually fell back to sleep for another hour once her belly was full.

Today Katherine was quite the fidget. She didn't cry so much as yell. Just yell to get my attention so I'd pick her up. Then she'd stop. We played quite a bit today because that was the only way I could get her to stop yelling!! I went out to the store to get a new thermometer for the kitchen (the old one broke) and I carried her into Bed Bath and Beyond thinking she might like the looking around. As I was standing looking at thermometers I hear her burp and then felt my shoulder get warm... UG!!! Bad sign. Then I heard "splat". I look down and all over my foot (wearing flipflops) and the floor is some of Katherine's lunch. Yay. She's got spit up all down the front of her, I have it all over me, all over my foot and the floor of the store. So I try as I might to clean her up with her burp cloth (I was smart enough to bring that in) and then my shoulder and finally the floor of the store. That ended our shopping trip. All I could say was "Really Katherine?? Really?" She smiled and smiled. Turkey!!!!

We took a little "walk" out front tonight while Stephen was doing some yard things. I say walk and it was really just walking up and down the sidewalk in front of the house. Since I didn't learn my lesson earlier today I was again carrying her. She really does like looking around. She's quite alert. We saw a couple of neighborhood kids and a lady and her doggie. The dog licked her foot which had her crawling up my chest. hehe Whenever she gets startled by something and your holding her she curls up and it feels like she's trying to crawl up your chest. A truck drove by tonight and that startled her too. Again we had crawling up my chest baby. :P

We finished putting the dining room back together tonight. And got Katherine's play room back in order. We'd moved the dining room furniture into the play room while we painted. The dining room looks great, if we do say so ourselves. :) Now to get the computer room in some semblance of order. Between working from home and just accummulating so much paper - I'm not sure from what - I've got stacks all around my desk. It's making me NUTS. And I can't go through it and hold Nugget at the same time. She doesn't permit it. :P Maybe tomorrow... We'll see.

I have a lot of things on my hopefully tomorrow list: thank you cards, cleaning up the office so I can work in some order, laundry (dear God laundry)... those would be my top things. Probably in that order too. We'll see how that goes tomorrow though.

No comments: