Sunday, January 3, 2010

My lil lovey


Our daughter is SUCH a lovable kid. I know. I may be a little biased. But seriously, she is! I promise! Just a couple of stories… I’m “documenting” so I can remember them later when she’s terrorizing me. :P (And then I can say something like… “remember when you XXX” *big sigh*)

First story: Stephen was sick a few weeks ago. Not all that shocking – tis the season and all. When Stephen’s not feeling well he’s… well… a lil bit mopey. (Sorry honey.) Katherine was awake and I needed to take a shower – so I asked Stephen if he could watch her for a few minutes. He said “sure”. (Very verbal when he’s sick… ) So there he was laying on her bedroom floor while she was playing. I’m pretty sure he was doing a little “ooohhhh my head” as he was laying there. Our darling daughter (such a nurturer) sees him laying there all mopey and realized her Daddy needed some luvin. So what did she do?? She went to her crib and pulled out her lovey, a baby and a blanket and brought them to her Daddy. Made a Mommy melt… and a Daddy say “oooohhh honey thank you so much!!”

Second Story: I went into daycare one day and as I was walking in I see Katherine and one of her friends (who’s moved up to the next room) sitting in the front two seats of the “buggy” (Buggy = giant stroller type thing that holds 10 kids) She and her friend were sitting peacefully, looking around – holding hands!!! Sooooo sweet. One of the teachers from her Waddler room (the room before her current room) came out and heard the story of the girls holding hands, and said – she is the sweetest kid!! Apparently earlier in the day a little boy from the Waddler class was visiting Katherine’s classroom. (He’s getting ready to move up to her room.) He was sitting on the floor looking around. He isn’t walking yet so he just sat there. Katherine went over to him and gave him a hug. Then she went and got him a toy and set it on his lap so he could play too. Too sweet.

This concludes my mush moment (for now). =)

No comments: