Sunday, January 31, 2010

More presents?! I LOVE this Santa guy!!


At least that’s what we *think* Katherine was saying on OC Christmas morning! We’re still debating whether it was “St. Nick” who delivered the presents on the 7th or whether it was Santa… I think we might have another year before we really have to have to figure that out!

In either case, Katherine again had quite a Christmas. There really were moments when I didn’t think it would all fit in the car to come home with us. And we packed light. (No, for real – we did! I swear!)

OC Christmas brought a giant art tables, another tricycle, a shopping cart, musical bathtub toys, stuffed animals, clothes, an old lady who swallowed a fly (among other things) and more toys. The girl cleaned UP!

Oh, um, pictures? Yeah… about that. You see… Remember Stephen gave me an iTouch at RC Christmas?! Well, I loved it soooooo much I bailed on my cell phone provider, of I think it was 13 years, and joined the AT&T bandwagon so I could live in iPhone heaven. What does all of this mean to you? Well… I kinda forgot I HAD a real camera and only used my cell phone camera. Good pictures when your “object” isn’t a crazy woman tearing open presents. I’m sure there’s an “app” to fix my incompetent ways – but alas, I haven’t really looked for it because I’ve been too busy playing skeeball. (SO fun!) So the pictures… a little lame. Stephen took some with his “real” camera but I haven’t seen those to be able to share them with you. Maybe someday (hint hint) I’ll get to copy them from his card so I can share them with you. Until then – you’ll have to view my blurfacedmesses.

We were in NJ for 3 days and it was a busy three days! We arrived on Christmas Eve – which made for a really long day for the whole family. Up at 3:30am and onto driving. I think we got back to the hotel around midnight. But it was a fun night for all. Katherine got to see all of her cousins and loved playing with her cousin Tasha – Girl power for sure! =)

Christmas Day we took Katherine to church. We didn’t go to Allentown this year – we decided to go with Stephen’s Mom and to see the Metropolitan – who came “home” for Christmas. For those of you who aren’t OC… Christmas+Metropolitan=LONG SERVICE. No wait, SERIOUSLY long service. Especially for a 19 month old. She did GREAT though. We did have a few moments of squealing but all in all for 2+ hours in church she was very very good. Partly due to the folks sitting/standing behind us keeping her entertained (Thanks Gerry!!!). Stephen was called away at the start of service to hold a candle or something for what seemed like 90 minutes. Katherine kept looking and calling for daddy – who I had to keep pointing out and saying he’ll be back. Fortunately, she didn’t take off down the aisle to go get him!!

After church we went to Stephen’s sister, Patty’s house for her annual Christmas party. Good food, great people & great fun! In addition to the siblings and nephews & niece we were able to spend some time with the Medvigy’s (Rose & Gerry and Nancy & Gerry) and Aunt Helen, Aunt Olga and Stephen’s Mom. It was a very nice day. We were still recovering from a long day before so we were back to the hotel by around 7:30-ish in time to put little miss to bed! She was quite sleepy!! =)

Friday was a day of food. For real. I thought I’d bust!!! We met our Best Man for lunch. He got to meet Ms. K for the first time! She loved her some Mr Kevin! Within minutes she was trying to “tickle” him. Quite the flirt my girl is. After a great lunch & long overdue catch up with Kevin we headed to Mastori’s to meet my brother and his girlfriend Amy for dinner. Yeah – meal to meal. That’s how we rolled… LITERALLY!!! Another great time catching up and of course – good food! (I’m not sure we’ve ever had anything BAD from Mastori’s!)

Saturday was our big trip home… We’ve now decided that leaving in the middle of the night does NOTHING to help us with regards to Katherine. If we leave at 3:30am – she’s awake at 3:30am and doesn’t go back to sleep. No matter how hard I beg. (and yes, I’ve been reduced to begging – and it doesn’t work.) I’ve even tried to “demonstrate” sleeping – all she does is yell “ma ma ma ma ma ma ma” until I open my eyes and look at her – then she waves. Delightful. (you may think it’s cute… at 4am when I’m sleepy – not so much so cute!!)

Monday was Katherine’s first day in a her new classroom. The blog post picture is from her first day. Daddy wasn’t able to join us at school that day so we took a picture to show him… That was her waving to Daddy!! She’s doing okay in the new room, but I’m eagerly awaiting our invite to go to the new school!!

Christmas photos… (if I get some more I’ll post them later!)

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: OC Christmas 2010
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


Other January photos:
Click to play this Smilebox photobook: January 2010 Fun
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

No comments: