Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin 2009


Last year pumpkin picking was a cold event… This year, we were dressed for cold weather and it was 80. We were melting.

Last year Katherine was okay with the pumpkins, but wasn’t so hot at the sitting up by herself thing (awww how little & cute!!!)… This year, she was terrified by the pumpkins.

Last year we picked Katherine’s pumpkin for her… This year, she picked her own. YAY!!!

It was lots of fun. Once we got past the whole, I hate the pumpkins Mommy and then the I want ALL of the pumpkins Mommy. Yes, yes, our girl has a fickle mind. Mommy’s girl.

I also learned that tattoos don't come off the way I (thought) they came off. Ya see I had a brilliant idea of putting a tattoo on Katherine's cheek during the JDRF Fall Festival. She had the other cheek all painted up. She looked quite cute (of course). Then as the day went on (post nap) and her former ghost was really a blob of black and orange I realized it wasn't going to just come off on it's own. I had my own tattoo on my hand and began the experiment of trying to take it off. I swear I had to use what amounted to a brillo pad to get it off. Don't worry folks I wasn't up for Mom of the Year nomination #5 this week so I didn't try that on Katherine. Stephen suggested rubbing alcohol - which I tried, and it did nothing. I happened to post on Facebook that I thought the tattoo would NEVER go away and my dear friends came to the rescue. For those that don't know: Baby Oil. Miracle stuff. The blog of what formerly resembled a ghost came right off.

Today we received another note home from school. The biter strikes again. The difference is this time we didn't get two notes - No one scratched her face first. Mr Andrew & Daddy still believe she was provoked. Angel Katherine biting someone for no reason whatsoever? Couldn't possibly be so. What Katherine doesn't know is that a new discipline item arrived today: Time Out Pad. http://www.keendistribution.com/timeOutPad.php Get ready Katherine. Get ready. (Please note, I didn't purchase from this site for the other Mom's out there. I bought it from my favorite mommy shopping website: www.mommabargains.com I believe I have a small addiction.)

Some pictures from the JDRF Fall Festival (FUNd-raiser), our day of pumpkin picking & a few from last weekends’s fall run in Katherine's new baby blanket bag. =)

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Pumpkin Picking
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

klassiter said...

Yay for pumpkins! And yay for mamabargains!