Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Biter The Pincher & The Candlestick maker?

She doesn’t make candlesticks. But she does bite and pinch. Hard. I thought the biting and pinching was reserved just for Mommy, but apparently not. So it went something like this…

Pick Katherine up on a Thursday and as I walk through the door to my child lovingly running towards me (I love that part) the teacher says “She bit someone today. The notes in her cubby. You need to sign it.” OH MY! Really? My child bit someone? So I go to her cubby and I find there are actually TWO notes I need to sign. They read:

Time: 8:40am
Incident: Katherine and another child were playing with a toy and Katherine got scratched in the eye.
Care Provided: Ice and TLC

Time: 9:20am
Incident: Katherine bit another child once *scratched out* twice *scratched out* three times. She tried to bite a fourth time but we stopped her.
Care Provided: We explained to Katherine that biting is not nice.

Stephen’s response is GO KATHERINE!! You bit the kid who scratched you, right? Alas, we don’t know that. The teachers protect the accuser. Thankfully. I mean there could have been up to three other little papers like that in another Mom’s cubby that said “your child was bit today once *scratched out* twice….”

As for pinching, we haven’t gotten that report card yet, but seriously, the girl hurts. And she knows where it hurts the most, I’m convinced. She only pinches me in one place. As I’m holding her she pinches the flab under my arm. (Attractive, I know, but that’s where it is and I didn’t know of another way to explain it so you fully understand and appreciate the pain it inflicts. A LOT!)

In healthcare news… Katherine had her first ear infection..s… This time I get two phone calls from daycare. I was in a three hour meeting and my phone didn’t work where I was. I get out of the meeting and I have two calls from the Director of the daycare saying Katherine’s ears are draining, we’re wondering if she has tubes. Um. No. No tubes. Draining? Yes. Perhaps you should call her doctor and see if you need to take her in. Ok, I’m on my way.

Dr H was fortunately the on-call doc that day. We knew our Nugget had a high pain tolerance when we haven’t known (yet) that she’s getting a tooth. This takes the cake though. She had a double ear infection and in one ear, she had a punctured eardrum. Apparently the pressure built up so much that it popped and that’s what all the fluid was. Ok, so moving past the OMG she blew out her ear, and OMG that was ear juice… Dr H said take some antibiotics and all will be well in two days. She’ll need to take the meds for 10 days though. Had her ear not leaked fluid, we never would have known. She didn’t pull, grab, etc like everyone says kids do when they have an ear infection. Amazing. Nomination for Mom of the Year you say, for not knowing my child had double ear infections? Yes, yes. I accept.

Five days later we departed (well on our way to cured ear infections) for Florida for the Sands/Aleksza Family Vacation. Weeeee! Please see our next installment for events from that trip! =)

No comments: