Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I got my baby back!!!


That’s the tune I’ve been singing this week. You know the one… I want my baby back baby back baby back ribs. =) Our daughter has returned to the sweet thing we had gullibly believed would be her temperament always. I know. We’re naïve first timers. What do you expect?

We have also learned that this patch of wildness may have been brought on by the disruption to her schedule. Apparently she can handle a few days where the schedule is slightly different but more than that and she goes a little ape crazy. There was even one night where Stephen (AKA Mr Cool) took her from her highchair during dinner and put her in her crib because she got so wild. I sat like a broken woman about to sob because my child wouldn’t stop screaming, hitting me, throwing food & her cup. All the while there wasn’t a tear on her face. It was a pure temper tantrum. As Stephen was taking her up the steps and the volume was increasing, I looked heaven-ward & asked God, “Really?? Seriously?? You tricked me!!!”

Alas, His tom-foolery has ended. For now. After 6 days of being back into “the routine” all is well. Little girl is back to behaving at bedtime and behaving in general. She has only had one small fit since Saturday. Her note from school today said she had a “wonderful morning”. YAY!! (The note we received on Thursday was NOT good. Something to the effect of “Katherine had a “challenging” day today.” Hm. Does that translate to OMG what a terror!?)

After Katherine’s first steps last weekend we’ve been practicing. She very much likes walking around now. Of course she can still only go a couple of feet on her own, but walking while loosely holding your finger, is quite popular. In fact tonight, I’m pretty sure, she visited every table in the French restaurant we were eating at. I’m not so sure the wait staff liked it – but it kept her quiet. She was feeling a bit cooped up. The patrons in the restaurant (for the most part) thought she was the cutest little girl ever. I concurred. How could you think otherwise when FrankenNugget is hobbling towards you (sans bolts coming out of her neck) and when you look & say hi she’d giggle & squeal in delight. Does that not define cuteness?? I challenge you to find something better. =) (For those that are curious I had a cheeseburger & “French” fries. Yeah, that’s me. Adventurous. Katherine had chicken fingers. =) Stephen had French onion soup & the remainder of the food from our plates. Apparently Katherine and I leave enough food between us that it’s enough for an adult man to eat and be full from. Imagine that.)

Friday was my birthday and Stephen & Katherine gave me, what could be, quite possibly the best birthday present ever. A Flip video camera!! SOOO dern cute!!! (Slipped into southern there… how’s it fit?? Is it me?!) This cute little video camera is literally smaller than my cell phone and records some pretty amazing videos. See the album for this week. I am quite impressed!! Look for more videos to be forthcoming. Of course, Katherine’s still adjusting to the fact that it’s not a quick picture so she stops doing what she’s doing and poses. Not exactly what I’m looking for – but funny never the less.

This coming weekend is the big Cooper Robinson Family Reunion in Annapolis. I’d say I hope the city is ready but the reality is the Naval Academy has parent’s weekend this weekend for the incoming freshman. That translates to me into: hot men in uniform. What reunion? =)

Photos/Videos for the week:

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Drummer Girl
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: