Thursday, August 20, 2009

FrankenNugget, Dinosaurs & Chocolate


Katherine is now moving at a rather brisk pace in her walking. She walks FAR more than she crawls. It goes something like legs spread shoulder with apart, arms out to the sides and yelling aaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhhh hehehehehe. Oh. And you MUST be watching her. If you are not watching her amazing walking effort she’ll come tug your pants or hit your leg (if you’re not wearing pants) to get your attention. What you say? My daughter is a ham? No. Never. =)

Last weekend was very nice. Katherine and I went for a run at the park on Saturday. I’m not sure how one gets lost in a park – but if it’s possible, I can do it. Really, it wasn’t my fault. Who designs a park path that doesn’t go in a circle around the park? Bozos I tell ya! Bozos!! At one point we just ran around the parking lot. Ok. I ran, Katherine slept. Apparently my running is very taxing for her.

Sunday we went back to the park for another run. The same park that was designed by Bozos is apparently run by Bozos too. What park is closed on a Sunday morning at 10am? Craziness. It didn’t stop us. We were a crazy Mommy/Daughter team. We parked at the front of the park and hiked into the track. I will say, we weren’t the only ones who did that. And yes, I’d use that as my defense should I require one.

Sunday afternoon we met up with my cousin DJ and my Godson Richie. We met them at the Museum of Science downtown. It’s one of our favorite museums. There’s so many cool exhibits for kids. Katherine totally dug the creature room. She dressed up like a fox. I know what you’re thinking: She IS a fox!!! Why yes, yes she is. There was a little girl and little boy who thought Katherine was the cutest little thing. They helped her get dressed up and showed her how to use the mask. She was like a duckling with them. Quite cute.

We all went to the Chocolate Exhibit too! Very cool! Although I do wish there were sampling throughout. It’s a bit of a tease to read about chocolate for 20 minutes with none around. Of course, brilliant museum marketing had you ending your tour in a chocolate gift shop where you could, if need be, buy an “emergency chocolate bar”. Richie went home with his emergency chocolate bar. Okay… home might be a stretch. Let’s say he left the museum with his emergency chocolate bar! How was that chocolate Richie? =)

Katherine has been doing very well at daycare the last couple of weeks. This week she has been excellent. Dropping her off goes great. Picking her up is where we seem to be challenged lately. You see, somehow my daughter has manipulated all of the teachers in the school to let her be the official greeter in the lobby of the daycare, in the afternoons. She stays in the lobby running around waving to all of the parents as they coming; blowing them kisses and giggling and the dads. (Flirt? Her? No!) On more than one occasion this week I had to chase her around the daycare and trick her into going outside so we could leave. You see, if I drag her outside a melt-down ensues. No no. It must be her idea. (Manipulator? Me? Nutah.) She’s got the Director & the teachers wrapped around her little bitty pinky. I’m doomed aren’t I? Wait. Don’t answer that.

This weekend we are planning to go to the beach to spend some time with my brother Jason and his girlfriend, Amy. Amy’s family rents a house each summer and this time they invited us to come for a few days. I’m rather surprised that Stephen agreed to go to a b-e-a-c-h but I’m not questioning things. He might reconsider!!!

I did happen to capture Katherine in all her walking splendor this week. Of course my obsession with the video camera has led to a decrease in the number of pictures available. You’ll forgive me though, right? I’ll try to do better next week. =)

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Science Museum
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: