Monday, January 26, 2009

Katherine says, "mommommommommom"


Yes, fans, that's right!!! Katherine now says mommommommommommom and dadadadadadadadadadadada. She doesn't quite understand which is which, however she yell them until she gets your attention!!!

Stephen got to hear the mommommom thing first. I didn't believe she did it. I'll admit, I thought Stephen was taunting me. A week I waited. Begged really. Pleaded each time we had Mommy/Katherine time. She just looked at me and laughed. (She really is her father's daughter.) A laugh like... I know what you want me to do, but nutah. Not happening. Then, we had our moment. mommommommom I totallly love the sound!!! Of course, I also remember my own mother telling us once we were quite capable of yelling MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM... That she'd changed her name to Geronimo. She figured we couldn't say it and therefore couldn't call her. It worked for a bit... but then we'd just yell Geronimo. I wonder if I'll use that line?? Or say things like, the chair has four legs... sit on all four. Ug.

This week we are preparing Katherine to "move up" to the next room at daycare. It's where the "waddlers" are. She will be reunited with her boyfriend Jacob and friend Ava. Her friend McKinley is coming with her. Apparently she and McKinley are staying close these last few days. Something about safety in numbers. I think they're under some misguided impression that together they can take the Waddler room. They forget that Elise is over there. :) She rules the roost! They're cute if they think they stand a chance.

In order to prepare Katherine they are supposed to take her over to her new room, for a few hours a day. So far... hasn't happened. Tomorrow I'll be having a chat with the Director to make sure she makes some visits. After all, she needs to meet her new teachers and get a lay of the land before she makes the leap. I mean, what if she gets over there and she can't find the blocks? Or the baby dolls?? I know. Horror, right!? No worries, Mommy's on a Mission. *queue music*

My baby is growing up. I know I'm being dramatic, but I feel like she's going off to college. I'll have to drop her off in the morning, in the classroom across the hall from where she is now. Eeek. Maybe we'll just keep going to the infant room. Do you think anyone will notice?? :P

Another sign our Nugget is growing up... She now does not get a bottle before bed. She's completely "off" all bed time assistance devices such as pacifiers, music and bottles. Daddy reads her some bedtime bible stores (God's still on a vengeful mission... Tonight in their reading He created a plague and killed half the people that were with Him. It was somewhere out in the dessert... Apparently He said He'd give them enough food for a month. The people ate and said, but God, there won't be enough food to last a month... so He killed half of them. Then basically said, there. Now you'll have enough. The Old Testament is not the happy God. Note to self... stay on His good-side!!!) I'm not sure this is exactly my idea of a great bedtime story, but I'm thinking better to get the smiting out now before she starts to actually understand the words. Now she's more interested in grabbing Daddy's nose, hitting his mouth and trying to tear at the pages.

Christmas presents provided Katherine with enough toys that I think we can open a new toy every week between now and her birthday!!! This week we opened her Dinosaur Ball Pit. I'm not 7 months old... and even I want to play with this thing. It looks like fun. Like one of those toys that when you're older you say... "Ohhh I LOVED that thing!!!" Come on. You remember your "I LOVED that thing." Admit it. This might be hers. Or maybe it will be mine, for her... hm. Something to think about. She's quite enjoying the fact that she can pick up the balls (one in each hand if she so desires) and has discovered how to swing her arms around and make the balls go everywhere. In addition to tossing them. I was smart (it's all relative) and only opened one of the bags that came with 30 or so balls in it. I'm saving the 2nd bag of balls for after she loses, breaks or in some other way destroys the first set. That's right. I stopped 60 balls from flying all over the house.

Below are some pictures of Katherine in her Dino Ball Pit... Yabba Dabba Dooo!!! http://picasaweb.google.com/daleksza/MyBallPit#

No comments: