Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our Little Picasso


Great news!!! I thought it would be another week before I posted, but with being off and home for the last few days I'm finding myself with some time to share some family events.

Today I decided that I would try to do an art project with Katherine. At school she's done some art projects and I figured, if the teachers at daycare can do them with 8 kids and I never see a drop of paint on her, why can't I do it with one little girl. (I'll give you a moment to stop laughing.)

I knew it wouldn't be a clean event. I mean I was giving her fingerpaint and paper and letter her go at it. First thing I thought of is, what can she wear that I won't care if it gets ruined? I looked through her closet and found nothing. Her clothes are too cute... but then I found one outfit I'd be willing to risk for the cause. I brought it to Katherine and as I was changing her I thought... she's got the perfect outfit right here. A diaper!!! YEAH!!!!

I laid out a plastic covered tablecloth and we both sat on it and got to work. Katherine enjoyed putting her hands in the paint, squishing it out the sides and then rubbing it on her legs. I tried to explain to her that her legs were not to be the primary recipient of her paint... rather the paper should be. We finally came to an understanding and got to work. We made 7 "pictures". We tried two different kinds of paint. Fingerpaint and then plain old crayola paint. I highly recommend the plain old crayola washable non-toxic paint. The fingerpaint comes out a little funky colored. Katherine didn't much mind though. She seemed to enjoy the event nearly as much as I did. We both laughed and yelled and Daddy rolled his eyes at us saying - "You're both a mess!!!" and "Mommy's crazy!!!!" Yes. And Yes. Proudly. :)

Katherine also tried Lorna Doone's today. Just a little bit. She quite liked it. :)

Stephen made her "homemade" babyfood: carrots & snap peas. The carrots were a big hit. She ate them all day yesterday and for lunch today. This afternoon he made snap peas. We tried those for dinner and I'll say they weren't near as big a hit as the carrots. Girlfriend is not digging the peas. I promise I'm trying to get her to eat them too. I even tried tricking her tonight. It's a mother's right!!! She at all her squash, after totally rejecting the peas. Then it was time for bananas. As we were finishing the bananas I gave her a spoon of peas. She spit it right back out at me. I tried again. She razberried me. Then, the little turkey, starts pretend coughing. Her new favorite trick. Oh yeah. She pretends. Eh Eh Eh. Her real cough is much different. What a turkey!!! Stephen witnessed her reaction to peas tonight. Even he thought it was made up. We've got ourselves a drama queen. *sigh* I have no idea where she gets that from. hehehe

Oh, a lesson I learned last week that I forgot to share. Baby is NOT ready to be carried on one's shoulders. No, I didn't drop her, for heaven's sake.

I thought it would be fun to put her on my shoulders and walk around downstairs. She sits up fine and all was well for a moment or two. We were showing daddy when all of the sudden I felt something warm sliding down my head. No, a bird did not poop on me. Katherine "spit up" on me. In my hair. Down my clothes. Onto the floor. Yup. This also got me to thinking.... The next time I have a little too much to drink and I show everyone the carrots I ate earlier in the evening, can I call that "spit up"? It seems so much better received than saying "puked" or "barfed". This goes along with my theory of, if you lick (put something in your mouth, chew, etc.) something you must buy it. Again, I'll be remembering that the next time Katherine and I are in the Coach store and Stephen's limiting my purchase to one clearance purse. Humfp. Ohhhh Katherine.... Want to hold this cute purse Mommy likes?? Oh no, dear, don't put that in your mouth.... Darn. I guess I'll have to buy it now. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful.

S