Friday, August 22, 2008

The start...


A co-worker asked this evening if we had a blog... Curious I thought. Why not? It would be an easy place for us to jot things down to share with family and friends. Off I go to search for a place to host a free blog. And here we are!

What to write, what to write... today I sent out some pictures that I took yesterday of Katherine. I'm trying to get her to spend more time on her tummy and yesterday I propped her on her Boppy. It seems to help her stay on her tummy a little longer and she actually smiles occassionally that way. When she's directly on her tummy - there's no smiling! In fact, it's more like a lot of screaming and tears. Ug.

We continue to see that morning is still her happy time. The last few nights she's been sleeping all the way through the night. Now, after saying that, I'm sure tonight she'll be up multiple times. :-/ We've been putting her to bed between 9:30 and 10:00pm and she's been waking up at around 7am. Pretty good for a 2.5 month old!! We're amazed! (And feeling quite blessed that she's such a good sleeper... We think that's a genetic thing!)

Tonight Stephen and I were talking about going back to work and how that's working out for me. I do work my hours each day and for the most part Katherine sleeps through that time and/or plays in her bouncy. There are moments, like today at one point, that I feel like I am neglecting her because she doesn't have 100% of my focus.

This weekend I'm going to try to schedule an appointment at one of the picture places so that we can get some baptism photos taken. OR I'm going to try again to take some pictures ourselves. I really want some of her all dressed up. And if I'm lucky maybe she'll even smile!!!! Now THAT would be a golden shot! She gets a little distracted by cameras though and forgets she's looking at you and smiling and starts staring at the camera. Then you can't get her focus back. I'm trying to figure out whether she just loves shiney objects (poor daddy & boyfriend... diamond girl) or whether she just likes to get her picture taken (again poor daddy and boyfriend).

No comments: